- Dennis McCarthy LMHC, - Child Psychotherapist, Kingston, New York
- Jenny Bates LCWSR, Social Worker, New York ~ England
- Ray Bergen Phd. - Couples and Family Counselor Saugerties, New York
- Jeanne Schlosser - Elementary School Teacher Ulster County, New York
- Nell Lefebvre - Licensed Certified Social Worker
- Barbara Kinney - Parenting Educator, Positive Discipline Associate, Pathwork Teacher
- Phil Sauers - Water Not Weapons Foundation
- Lucy Lebron- Single Mother - Amayah Lebron Daughter, Hartford, Connecticut
- Annette Weisser - Assistant Professor of Fine Art, Art Center Design College Pasadena, California
- Sharon Merchant - Matrimonial and Family Law
Dennis McCarthy LMHC,
- Child Psychotherapist, Kingston, New York
Mighty's Silly Book of Divorce and Separation offers a refreshing approach to a little written about yet extremely important subject…that of a child's perception of their parents divorce/ separation.
With the high percentage of children whose parents do separate and divorce, it is amazing that so little is written about it, and none with the mix of humor and honesty that Mighty brings to her book.
Children will love the complex illustrations that are as rich and wacky as children's own imaginations!''
Jenny Bates LCWSR
- Social Worker New York ~ England
''I've just read through your Silly Book and it's really great! I would be happy and honored to endorse your book. The Silly Book is really great fun, and should be VERY helpful for kids. I think they will really feel into the worlds presented: find paths their beings felt and understood in their own particular dilemma.
Ray Bergen Phd.
- Couples and Family Counselor Saugerties, New York
The Silly Book of Divorce and Separation is a wonderful resource which brings parent and child together, and never gets boring for either. One of the strengths of this creation is the playful dialogue it encourages between parent and child that is both instructive and healing.
What stands out is how the imagery of Xee's book reaches layers of understanding far beyond words. Because of it's laugh-at ourselves style,
The Silly Book successfully introduces important concepts not usually or easily discussed with younger audiences, and will draw children into an endless, thought provoking adventure.
It demystifies divorce…. 5 stars!
- Elementary School Teacher Ulster County, New York
I completed a thorough reading of The Silly Book of Divorce and
Separation. I read it with much interest personally and professionally.
Xee has created a resource I believe holds value for parents and children,
as well as teachers, social workers and other professionals who work
with families in the midst of, or after, divorce or separation.
Children sometimes have a difficult time identifying their feelings, and Xee's book helps this process occur, but she doesn't stop there. She validates those feelings and provide suggestions of tools to help kids come up with solutions for appropriate ways to deal with such feelings.
As a classroom teacher for over fifteen years, I would feel comfortable suggesting this book to parents to read with their children. It would be a great way to open doors of communication.
Students in upper elementary grades would enjoy the illustrations, word play and suggestions on their own, and perhaps use the book as a way to alert their parents to some of the stress they might be feeling as a result of their parents ending their relationship or marriage.
- Licensed Certified Social Worker
The Silly Book of Divorce and Separation gives parents and kids an opportunity to acknowledge all the feelings. questions, fears and results of living through the experience of divorce or separation.
It's humorous, whimsical style helps begin the healing process by making sensitive issues accessible for expression.
The optimal way to read this book is slowly, over a period of a few weeks, perhaps allowing your child to color the pages after they've been read. This will permit the child to take what is being presented and allow her or his reaction to be expressed. The acknowledgement and expression of feelings, from both parent and child, provides the foundation for success in future relationships.
- Parenting Educator, Positive Discipline Associate, Pathwork Teacher
I highly recommend Mighty Xee's The Silly Book of Divorce and
Separation, a creative, humorous, deeply caring and thoughtful book
for children and families, about the ups and downs of divorce and
With candor and honesty, her wonderfully wacky characters express
the gambit of feelings, fears, confusions and challenges that children
and adults experience.
The delightful drawings and stories sprinkled with down to earth,
respectful advice, help children gain a sense of self understanding,
acceptance, and empowerment.
- Water Not Weapons Foundation
''It's like Hieronymus Bosch!''
- Single Mother - Amayah Lebron Daughter, Hartford, Connecticut
''I'ts like a fairy tale on each page, only it's taken from
real life, and you don't know which thing your kid may
identify with on what day!''
Annette Weisser - Assistant Professor of Fine Art, Art Center Design College, Pasadena, California
''I really love the anarchistic humor''
- Matrimonial and Family Law
''...a divorce coloring book!….awesome!
The artwork is amazing!"